-
September 6th, 2005, 02:54 PM
#1
Inactive Member
No, I'm not doing this just to even out my negative review from a few minutes earlier, I just wanted to post something on the friends dolls that I thought of as I looked at the new stuff.
First of all, I'm just as disappointed as the rest of you that it could be almost 6 years before we see a new, REAL historical. Espcially since Im dying to see a 1920s girl. BUT, I really do think the friends dolls are a neat idea. At first I wasnt so sure and hoped they only did it for the ones that would have a movie. But then I though of something. AGTs are fun for little girls to play with because its easy to mix them all up together, they are all from today. So playing with other dolls is really not that much differant from playing with Barbie and all of her clothes and accessories. Of course, I think AG is certainly better for a young girls pysche [img]wink.gif[/img]
What I'm getting at, is that with the historicals, it can be kind of hard to play with them. Especially if a child happens to like their time period and their stuff and thats why they got the doll in the first place. By adding a friends doll to each Historical, I think you up the play factor when it comes to the dolls. Instead of having Lissie all by her lonesome in her little colonial collection, you can add Elizabeth. Even as a person who collects for display only, I much prefer having Felicity stand next to her friend to set up a fun display, over Felicity standing there next to her table doing her best Vana White saying, "Here is my colonial collection."
So in conclusion, while there are somethings AG has done recently that I dont like, I think the friends idea overall is a good one. Because lets be honest, history is a subject many people, especially young girls, hate. So if it gets more girls interested, then I can deal with it because that is part of AG's original intention.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks